Featured Post

Fabric Covered Binders

Since I'm not able to do my three hour workouts this month, I've decided to tackle some of the 2016 Personal Challenges . This one w...

Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 8 Report Card

Eggplant, zucchini and honkin' onion, ready for the oven!
I was up and shopping at the local grocer early today, apparently before the stock was added. No produce, no fish, no bueno! I was also going to get a flu shot and the pharmacy was closed! I guess this means I can sleep in the next time I feel like getting a jump on my healthy lifestyle. hee hee!

I did, however, have some things at home that needed to be used. Above, you see a bowl full of one cubed eggplant and three medium zucchini then one onion cut into some monster-sized pieces (D hates cooked onions, so I make it easy for him to remove them), all tossed with 1/4 cup olive oil and some basil. I feel rather accomplished since it's so pretty. I'll cook it tomorrow (350 degree F for 20 minutes) and feel accomplished again, since it's dental day.  More on that later.

30 Day Flexibility Challenge
 -- These are the same moves as day one, and they were indeed easier. I'm not Cirque du Soleil-flexible, but I AM touching my knee with my nose.

30 Day Journey to Splits
 -- I've increased the time I do several of these stretches, but the new one today was weird. My left kidney was like, hello! I'm calling out to you. Do kidneys need stretching?

30 Day Burpee Challenge
 -- Lucky number 13! Bah. I lost count. I probably did 80.

30 Day Vocabulary Challenge
 -- New one today!inalienable: that which cannot be transferred to another or others; unforfeitable.

30 Day Back Challenge
 -- It's a rest day, so to reward my back, I wanted to hang on my inversion table. I love that thing. It has saved me several times when my back feels out of whack or when my neck is screaming. Indeed, my neck screams...  Alas, my table is being held captive by Christmas boxes. I must rescue it.

30 Day Cleaning Challenge
 -- Yeah, yeah. I clean, cut some veggies, then clean again. I think I cleaned the counter 11 times today.

30 Day Wall Sit Challenge
 -- Even though my yoga mat slipped slightly during my 80 second wall sit, I kinda breezed right through it.

30 Day Plank Challenge
 -- I searched all over for my stability pods and came up empty! So, I did the next best thing: I grabbed the boxing gloves and used them. All is well in plank land.

30 Day Arm Sculpting Challenge
 -- Day of rest. Thank goodness. Had to carry groceries this morning.

30 Day Butt Lift Challenge
 -- Oooo, ow! Pointed Butt Lifts mean you point your toes up, right?  I tend to get cramps in my toes when I do this. It's uncomfortable. Obviously, I would have been a horrible ballerina.

30 Day Mom Challenge
 -- There are 52 weekends left in this year alone. If I double that, then half it and add all that together, I'm gonna cry. I have 130 weekends left to spend with my teen. Oh, man...

- 30 Day Blog Challenge
 -- Today was weird! I almost felt like I had to wait for an audience before I started doing my challenges. I did normal house stuff, then I shopped and played with the fur friends. Once someone walked in the door, it was time to perform!  Watch me do this! They don't. Tomorrow, however, is going to be a toughie. I know my visit to the dentist is going to be looooong, and I usually feel like parking my rear in a prone position afterward, but I won't be able to do that. So, if my update is sparse and doesn't show up until 2 a.m., you'll have my excuses beforehand. I fully intend on at least attempting everything, so there is that. *ramble, ramble*

Thanks for sticking with me on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!