Featured Post

Fabric Covered Binders

Since I'm not able to do my three hour workouts this month, I've decided to tackle some of the 2016 Personal Challenges . This one w...

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 10 Report Card

Do certain life events impact your reading choices? Curiouser and curiouser...
Dudes and dudettes. It was tough this morning. There is something about going to bed earlier than usual (2 a.m. is my usual, mkay?) that makes me wake up several times a night. I find myself in weird positions, like with my head at the foot of the bed or sideways on the bed, holding a pair of fuzzy socks. I should take a video and see if I can figure out what's happening. Anybody else have sleep drama?

30 Day Flexibility Challenge
 -- So, one of these I did in a chair. While I was stretching in the chair, I had an epiphany. I researched an alternate way to do child's pose, since that's my favorite yoga pose that I can no longer enjoy. I can do it in a chair, by leaning forward from one chair and placing my arms onto a folded blanket sitting in the seat of another chair! I'm stoked for future child's poses!

30 Day Journey to Splits
 -- Relaxing, but I start thinking about weird stuff...like hey, I wonder if bugs dream. Who was the first person to figure out that fingernails and toenails could be cut without pain? Why did they even invent the evil and delicious Oatmeal Creme Pie? Give me something to ponder.

30 Day Burpee Challenge
 -- Rest day. That means I took a nap at some point.

30 Day Vocabulary Challenge
 -- Back to this onebogart: bully, intimidate; to use or consume without sharing. I've only ever used it as the second definition -- never the first. Have you? Well, I'm gonna start! I'm gonna bogart my way up to the DMV counter and demand a...a smile or something. Have you been to that happy place?

30 Day Back Challenge
 -- Holy Town in Ohio, these just get harder! I'm sweatin' over here! Also, I cage the beast (Nilla) during this challenge (among others) so I am not drooled upon. That ruins my mood...plus, I get a little gaggy.

30 Day Cleaning Challenge
 -- Double-up day! I did days 9 and 10 today, and it wasn't so bad. I'll tell you what, though: I have a lot of Tums.

30 Day Wall Sit Challenge
 -- This is already getting ridiculous. One hundred seconds is 1:40. I did it, but I think I pulled something in my neck and broke my collar bone from the strain of it all. I'm going to have to break that up into two parts...and possibly three. Call me a wimp, if you must, but only after I've seen you do it.

30 Day Plank Challenge
 -- I used my hand weights in place of the pods and boxing gloves. That was awesome. Sixty seconds and only breathed heavy for the last 5 seconds.

30 Day Arm Sculpting Challenge
 -- I forced the kinder to work out with me here. Yes, forced is a good word to use. She did two sets then said she had a ton of homework to do...and if her arms were too tired to work, then it would be my fault. Hmph.

30 Day Butt Lift Challenge
 -- My tail end is going to be fabulous, if my sweat and tears are any indication. Those little numbers on a calendar just don't tell you the whole story, you guys.

30 Day Mom Challenge
 -- Joy! I'm looking! I'm finding! Wit. Artistic talent. Singing voice. Empathy. The stellar logic used to get out of the arm workout? I could go on and on...

- 30 Day Blog Challenge
 -- So, after these things are over, I'm going to be a little more thorough with my posts. I don't want to just update with one or two sentences about certain things. What I mean by that is, I want feedback. Give me ideas about what you want to read. If I'm at all up for it, I'll write about it. Heads up, though: no lion-taming or swimming with 'gators for this chick.

I've been motivated by these challenges to work on other parts of my life besides my fitness. Reading books (that stack above is first -- do you sense a theme?), getting out to see the local sites, making things I see on pinterest...all of these things that need doing! I'm making a list and will post soon. Maybe it will motivate you to make your own list. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!