Featured Post

Fabric Covered Binders

Since I'm not able to do my three hour workouts this month, I've decided to tackle some of the 2016 Personal Challenges . This one w...

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 13 Report Card

Big. Pile. Of. Ropes.  The battle ropes are gonna be used a lot.
Can't believe it's already Saturday. I started the day with a huge cinnamon roll from D. I never thought I'd actually say this, but it had too much frosting. Quel dommage!  Is that correct?  French was ## years ago. Yes, that ## was on purpose.

30 Day Flexibility Challenge
 -- Oooo, this day made me feel very flexible...even holding things twice as long as they require.

30 Day Journey to Splits
 -- Mkay, so that fifth pose still hurts a little, but the extra post (number 13) was fab.

30 Day Burpee Challenge
 -- Not gonna lie: I was nervous doing these. I tweaked my knee yesterday, so my knee was wrapped up and I was cringing. Instead of jumping, I just used hand weights for that part (so, instead of jumping, I did overhead presses with weights).

30 Day Vocabulary Challenge
 -- This one. fealty: intense fidelity. Since we don't practice feudalism here (or do we?), I didn't include the part about vassals and lords...unless you count this sentence, then I guess I did. Hmm.

30 Day Back Challenge
 -- Superman. Again. Dude is tough. I want a blankie after that.

30 Day Cleaning Challenge
 -- Did the challenge for today only, so that other stuff will have to wait. That nap yesterday took a toll on my schedule and I stayed up until 9 a.m.  Yes, 9 a.m. this morning. I did feel the need to get a few z's, so indeed, my entire day was weird and off, made even worse by the headache centered around my left nostril. If you see me with my finger pushing on my left nostril, you'll know what's up there (namely, not my finger).

30 Day Wall Sit Challenge
 -- So, 130 seconds. I goofed the other day when my 110 second calendar item equaled two very unequal wall sits. I suppose I was wishing things. Either way, I was wrong. I am now in full acceptance of the fact that I will think this challenge as punishment. This might be worse than being grounded.  One full minute plus 5 seconds, twice. My no-slip solution isn't working anymore. I need some clogs super-glued to the floor...

30 Day Plank Challenge
 -- I got a day off, so I contemplated going back to the forearm plank. I'm sure that will be better for my hands and wrists. *ponder*

30 Day Arm Sculpting Challenge
 -- Did you see that pile of ropes way up there?  If you've never seen them in action, I'll try to show you later this month, when the rain isn't an issue.  Today, however, was all about 14 x  3 sets of those sculpting beauties.

30 Day Butt Lift Challenge
 -- Added a bridge or five today, but really, I've been holding a bridge during my back challenge pull-overs. There are tons of pull-overs.

30 Day Mom Challenge
 -- Mmmm, hard when you get the 'teen 'tude when you open your mouth...or exist. Fun.

- 30 Day Blog Challenge
 -- I did it, and did it twice yesterday. Did you see my second post about personal challenges for 2016? All the interesting challenges mean I'll be writing about it here or giving stuff away. Who wouldn't want my old movies? Hey, I could even give away one of my crafts -- but only if you want it. No concrete hands, though, I'm afraid.

So, back to the ropes. They are more than just for arm workouts. They work the full body. I won't get into the 'calories burned per hour' debate, because that can get ugly. I will get into how awesome they are, though. Plus, you can act like you are a drummer with really heavy, floppy drumsticks. Fun times!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!