Featured Post

Fabric Covered Binders

Since I'm not able to do my three hour workouts this month, I've decided to tackle some of the 2016 Personal Challenges . This one w...

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 7 Report Card

Before the carnage began...  Thanks for the pic, J.
I was treated to a Dim Sum brunch today by a few of my favorite people. It was amazing, but lemme tell ya: me and overeating are not friends. My meals are small because I ate small meals for over a year and haven't stretched my stomach out since then. I ate a few things and then a few more things, then pretty much stuffed a couple of other things in near the end just to clear the table. I came home and fell into a coma for a few hours. It's now 8:00 and I'm still stuffed. Ack!

30 Day Flexibility Challenge
 -- These poses (side lunge, wide split, wide straddle) make me feel weird. I look at the side lunge in the photo and then compare to how I look and there's no similarity whatsoever. I know I can't bend my left knee like that, but seriously? My right knee looks just as nonfunctional. Oh, well, the correct things were stretched, and thus, moving on...

30 Day Journey to Splits
 -- Getting easier, but for reals, people, these are hard to do after waking from a coma. Please, dumplings, stay where you are!

30 Day Burpee Challenge
 -- Eleven down. Urp. Urp. *ahem*

30 Day Vocabulary Challenge
 -- This one totally fits today. alacrity: promptness in response; cheerful readiness. I will say I was awakened this morning with a new plan (no sushi today, we're doing dim sum) and responded with alacrity.

30 Day Back Challenge
 -- My back better look amazing after this.  Just sayin'.

30 Day Cleaning Challenge
 -- I did the stuff for today and most of the stuff for tomorrow. I think tomorrow will be a pre-planning day for decluttering of the bathroom stuff. I have a ton of small shampoo, conditioner and body soap samples. I might put the family on a showering-diet of small bottle-use until they're all gone.

30 Day Wall Sit Challenge
 -- I sat there for 70 seconds, poking my really hard thigh and nodding my head.  Yup.  I wonder how my friend J is doing on her two minute wall sit. I think she's rockin' it...on the floor.  LOL

30 Day Plank Challenge
 -- Okay, so I had my hubby research wrist pain for me while I sat on the wall. Planks on the hands apparently exacerbate carpal tunnel...and that's why people are switching to the forearm plank...which stinks. I don't think I have carpal tunnel, but dang. Planks hurt me. I have some half-dome stability pods that I might try out tomorrow. That will make the plank more difficult, of course, but if I can save my wrists and hands from pain and injury, fine. By the way, no shaking and I sang a ditty as I planked.

30 Day Arm Sculpting Challenge
 -- A friend just posted something on FB about really sculpting arms. I think I'll change to that on my next 30 Day Challenge Extravaganza. This one, however, is a fine start! I'm going from zero activity for several months (inexcusable, I know) to working these guns every other day. I already have attractive veins popping out all over, so...let's take it further. That's future talk, y'all.

30 Day Butt Lift Challenge
 -- You know, I just looked through this calendar and noticed that there are NO days off. I suppose that means I'll reach my goal sooner. When I took that class all those years ago, I think I only attended class three times a week. So, if math is my friend, 3 classes a week times 8 weeks equals 24 days to pow booty. I'm dangerously close to being half-way there!

30 Day Mom Challenge
 -- Sweet note written. I didn't nag a bit.

- 30 Day Blog Challenge
 -- Today is a challenge, for sure. I'm going to put this out there for all to hear: If I say, hey, tomorrow is a good day for a buffet or whatEVER overeating event might be available, comment with a reminder about how I'll feel afterward. Sometimes I forget life lessons...like when raw cookie dough starts to sound delicious.

One full week of challenges complete, and a little over three weeks to go, and I'm feeling confident. How is your New Year treating you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!