Featured Post

Fabric Covered Binders

Since I'm not able to do my three hour workouts this month, I've decided to tackle some of the 2016 Personal Challenges . This one w...

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Day 14 Report Card

"Take Flight" by Douwe Blumberg, one of many sculptures surrounding Lake Eola.
I forced the fam to go downtown and see art...and birds. There is the possibility we saw more dogs than birds. It was a chilly walk for someone now acclimated to the usual hotness that is Florida. It was 70 degrees F...but see, it was windy -- AND, we were near water.

If you decide to go visit Lake Eola here in Orlando, FL, take some spinach or other lettuce for the swans and ducks. No bread. No popcorn. If you're really into feeding them, they sell food pellets in gumball machines. For those unfamiliar with pigeons, they will swarm if those pellets take flight. Don't say I didn't warn you to keep your mouth closed and face down.

30 Day Flexibility Challenge
 -- Is anyone else doing this with me? I could fall asleep doing some of these...

30 Day Journey to Splits
 -- It's hard to find a big wall to do that day 14 pose. We have furniture in our house.

30 Day Burpee Challenge
 -- No jumping. You guys go ahead and jump.

30 Day Vocabulary Challenge
 -- This one.  ignominious: dishonorable; despicable; humiliating. 'Ignominious retreat' seems like something I might take part in after smack-talking a Steelers fan yesterday. Y'know what I'm sayin'? I don't have a dog in that fight, so I'm not taking sides, but that was...weird.

30 Day Back Challenge
 -- I feel like if I add any more reps, I'm gonna hulk out. I mean, looking ahead to the last day of this challenge, I have 125 reverse flies to complete. THAT DAY! ALL IN ONE DAY!  I'm gonna need some protein.

30 Day Cleaning Challenge
 -- Hmmm, I guess I did that.

30 Day Wall Sit Challenge
 -- Still two sessions. I need numbing lotion for my thighs.

30 Day Plank Challenge
 -- Back on my forearms. I'm a little sad, but my hands and wrists feel normal.

30 Day Arm Sculpting Challenge
 -- My day to massage my huge arm muscles. Nice!

30 Day Butt Lift Challenge
 -- Still love these, but a bubble wrap for my knees would be awesome.

30 Day Mom Challenge
 -- It is a gift. I'm grateful.

- 30 Day Blog Challenge
 -- I'm going to have to learn how to blog on the go. I can't be busy all over town then wait until evening to make my notes. I'm sure it would make everything easier.

This was a very chill day. I can really get into chill days, but know that there are days when 'chill' just isn't going to allow much to get done. I have big goals this year, so days like this will be few and far between. I don't just want to be busy, you know? I want to get out and see stuff and improve myself and taste new things...and write stupendous run-on sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!