Featured Post

Fabric Covered Binders

Since I'm not able to do my three hour workouts this month, I've decided to tackle some of the 2016 Personal Challenges . This one w...

Friday, March 4, 2016

Yum-Yum Breakfast Bowl

If you know me, you know I am not a morning person. I can sleep through fog horns pointed directly at my face. It's true...and I've passed that trait on to my offspring.

One thing that will tempt me to shuffle out of my comfy bedroom is a concoction I lovingly refer to as my yum-yum breakfast bowl. It is sooooo good!

First step? Get all the ingredients you need, specifically:

1 scallion, sliced
1 blob of coconut oil
2 eggs, size of your choosing
1/2 avocado, checkerboarded
1 pile Tony Chachere's spice mix of choice

Optional:
diced tomato, to taste
2 tbsp salsa
sliced jalapenos, to taste



I start by cooking my scallions in a big blob of coconut oil. Call me paranoid, but after scallions were the subject of quite a few foodborne illness breakouts, I couldn't eat them raw anymore.


After a minute or two, I add my eggs. I have experimented with the number of eggs I can consume at any given time. It's the three bears of eggs for me.  One is too little. Three is too much. Two is juuuuust right. I break the yolks and stir and stir and stir.

It's up to you whether you keep the eggs in long enough for them to dry out. I'm married to a dry-eggs guy, but there was a time that I ate runny yolks. Okay, I still eat runny yolks when I don't have a yum-yum bowl.


Transfer eggs to bowl of choice and start slicing your avocado. I use a fairly dull knife to do this because I don't want my knife going through the skin. After slicing and cross-slicing, I use a spoon to get all that goodness into my bowl. I have to point out that, before I halve the avocado, I wash the outside of it (because ew, germs).



Once I mix this all together, I cover it with Tony's. I stop one shake before I know it'll speak to me later in the form of heartburn.


Now, you could stop right there and start eating because I know it smells good. You could also add diced tomato or salsa, and even jalapenos, if you can handle them. My esophagus usually says no.

I know everyone is thinking 'what's up, girl, where's the bacon?' -- and you would be correct. Where?!  My bacon would have a whole post to itself. Today?  It's a day dedicated to my yum-yum bowl.

So, there you have it:  a good reason to get up in the morning.  Thank me after your first bite of bliss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!