Featured Post

Fabric Covered Binders

Since I'm not able to do my three hour workouts this month, I've decided to tackle some of the 2016 Personal Challenges . This one w...

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vacation!

Wow!  I can't believe it's been so long since I graced the pages of my own blog.  I've been consumed with Olympic coverage and working out and summer fun with the family!

Let's start with the Olympics.  Yes, I've already given you my thoughts on some of the Olympics events, but I'm opinionated and must make noise whenever possible.  I won't make much noise, though, because I've been grumbling about the coverage since coverage began.  They had their heroes, of course, and that's who they showed.  I hate that athletes spend their lives (perhaps) training for the Olympics and the only coverage they get is a name on the screen and a satellite video with them plopping out of the starting blocks or diving into pee-water.  I also laugh at the drama of it all, since most of it is pre-recorded and we pretty much already know the outcome.

Working out!  I'm pretty excited to return to my routine.  I like bossing people around, and I work out more often if I have someone there.  They are doing 5K training on the days I'm not there, and circuit training when I am there.  I am sore every time I leave those workouts...and they aren't!  What's happening here?  I shall bring my lifeguard whistle and tweet them and taunt them!  I shall!

Anybody have any great ideas for 30 second circuit stops?  I don't want to be boring as I tweet and taunt.  I'm trying to get to Tabata-type workouts, which make me want to throw up, but I don't want to scare anyone away...plus I despise throwing up.  It's not my fave.  Lunges are my fave...

Summer fun is a great time for visitors and pools and beaches and theme parks!  We ran around town from sun-up to sun-down for a week straight, it seems.  I'll go into more detail later, but for now, I will praise the wonders of sunscreen and snarl at roller-coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!