Featured Post

Fabric Covered Binders

Since I'm not able to do my three hour workouts this month, I've decided to tackle some of the 2016 Personal Challenges . This one w...

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Day 2 Report Card

My Challenge partner, Nilla
Not gonna lie.  I'm sore. Most of my aches and pains are from the stretching, I assume, so I will be extra warmed-up when I attempt those. Also, I weighed myself this morning and thought I'd been body-snatched last night as the scale indicated I was less than 100 pounds. It was just sitting wonky on the tile. *sad trombone*

- 30 Day Flexibility Challenge
 -- All yoga moves that make me hold my breath. A whole minute and a half of yoga and I'm a mouth-breather. Have to work on that, I guess, if I am to be accepted in genteel society.

- 30 Day Journey to Splits
 -- All this kneeling on the knees stuff is rude. I don't know why we even started that. They are one of the least-padded parts of our anatomy and here we are, putting weight on them. I have knee pads. I'm gonna use 'em, y'all. Ugh!  I'm so out of sorts, my accent is piping up!  Also, stretch number five is the devil.

- 30 Day Burpee Challenge
 -- The five burpees weren't so bad today. I was interrupted on the first one by a happy dog, so I laughed my way through them. Distraction seems to work.  Hmmmm...

- 30 Day Vocabulary Challenge
 -- Here again, and this one is easy! petulant: insolent or rude in speech or behavior. Hey, you guys! What is that fine line between being petulant and being heard? Is it the foot-stomping? The smashing of innocent glassware? The calling out of one's mother? This will be an ongoing study.

- 30 Day Back Challenge
 -- Not bad, and those bridge pullovers! I can feel those lats working!

- 30 Day Cleaning Challenge
 -- Cleaning the inside of a dishwasher is disgusting. We went all in (yes, I got help from D), unscrewing stuff and dispatching with the foodball we found inside. Everyone should do this, but if you are prone to gagging, have a trashcan nearby. I predict a dishwasher that does a better job in the future.

- 30 Day Wall Sit Challenge
 -- Um, twenty seconds was cake today. However, my feet are sliding on the tile floor. I'm going to have to work this out before I have to sit there for half an hour.

- 30 Day Plank Challenge
 -- The plank yesterday seemed harder, with what I assumed was an easier form (on elbows). Today I was on hands and toes and breezed through. More research...

- 30 Day Arm Sculpting Challenge
 -- Halleluyer, it's a rest day! By the way, can someone brush my hair?  My arms. They're semi-floppy.

- 30 Day Butt Lift Challenge
 -- Six of each with help from Nilla. She's a keeper.

- 30 Day Mom Challenge
 -- Go the whole day without yelling, which is hard since the invention of headphones. And closed doors. And music.  I'm gonna leave the heavy-voice-lifting to D. Also, changed our activity plan to a Home Depot class, which should be fun!

- 30 Day Blog Challenge
 -- Here I am again! This is my accountability. Blog about what makes you better! I can do that. Harder for me? Blogging about my weaknesses, namely cookies and bread (especially those everything bagels, toasted, with butter? Mmmmama!).

I'm preparing for a great new year, namely because I'll be taking a family trip to a dude ranch, building a house, getting back on the workout train and *sob* purging my books. In purging my books, I have plans to donate locally and, yes, you heard it here, give some away to those who take the time to read my blog. Most of those will be cookbooks. Hardly any of those will be about healthy food. Hee hee!

Day two down. *whips and nae nae's*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!